THE HOLY SPIRIT ACTIVATING GOD'S POWER IN YOUR LIFE
BY BILLY GRAHAM
MAN'S CRY GOD'S GIFT
(Reference page 11)
1) Man has two spiritual needs, what are they?
A) FORGIVENESS AND GOODNESS
1A) God heard that first cry for help FORGIVENESS and answered it at CALVERY. How does Paul describe this in 2Corr. 9:15 ?
1B) God heard the second cry for GOODNESS and wants to fulfill every desire for GOODNESS and work of faith with power in order that the name of JESUS may be glorified in you 2 Thess. 1: 11,12
2) The Holy Spirit is the source of power who meets our need to escape from the miserable weakness , that grips us. He gives us the power to truly be GOOD. *(THIS IS THE ONLY WAY WE IN LIFE CHANGERS CAN TRULY MAKE PROGRESS IN THIS PROGRAM and IN OUR WALK WITH JESUS).
2A) We need Jesus for OUR ETERNAL LIFE, and the Holy Spirit for OUR INTERNAL LIFE.
SING SPIRIT OF THE LIVING GOD FALL FRESH ON ME
(Reference page 12)
3) Why does the Holy Spirit seem to not be present in our life sometimes?
3A) Unfortunately, this power has been ignored, misunderstood, and misused. By our ignorance we have short-circuited the power of the Holy Spirit and some are not sure of what the Holy Spirit is.
3B) Hopefully this study will give us power to fill us with the POWER OF THE HOLY SPIRIT.
3C) No one can buy the Holy Spirit, no one can claim the Holy Spirit, or use the Holy Spirit without first knowing the source.
(Reference page 13)
4) The Holy Spirit was promised John 16: 5-7
4A) This is a promise from Jesus, no conditions were attached. Jesus said not to some, not to just special groups, BUT TO ALL. ALL ARE EQUAL AT THE FOOT OF THE CROSS. When Jesus makes a promise He does not break it or forget it.
4B) Do we ever or someone you know keep ALL PROMISES? We have NEVER been given a promise by Jesus that has not been a certainty.
4C) Other leaders of the world's religious and philosophies were unable to promise that they would never leave their followers only JESUS claimed and FULFILLED THIS AMEN!
(Reference page 13)
5) Was the promise fulfilled to receive the Holy Spirit?
5A) Jesus said He would leave His disciples for a while during the crucifixion death, He had not yet been glorified so the promise of His Spirit was not yet a fact, but we know what happened. God raised Him from the dead and gave Him glory. 1 Peter 1:20,21
(Reference page 14)
5B) God had said to wait for the spirit to come. Jesus rose from the dead and was seen by His disciples. Unable to grasp what was happening, they failed to recognize Him at first, and were frightened because they thought they were seeing a ghost. To confirm His physical reality, Jesus told them to touch Him, and even asked for something to eat. Question to ask yourself (a spirit didn't have flesh, did it? A ghost couldn't eat could it)?
5C) So this was truly Jesus, not the Spirit He had promised. However, He told them still to wait. The time was not yet. Fifty days latter the promise was fulfilled at Pentecost. (Acts 2: 1-4)
The one for whom they were asked to wait had come.
6) What is the difference the emphasis of one word makes in the description of a happening of such world-shaking importance?
6A) Before the day of Pentecost the emphasis was on the word ask. Luke 11:13
After Pentecost the emphasis was on the word receive. Acts 2:38 This is good news; we are no longer waiting for the Holy Spirit - He is waiting for us. We are no longer living in a time of promise, but in the days of fulfillment.
6B) The rush of power they experienced on the day of Pentecost is characteristic of the age that gave us the New Testament. The Holy Spirit was promised, the promise was fulfilled, the disciples were changed, and the glory of it for us is that He is PRESENT in every true believer today., and so His power is available today.
(Reference page 15)
7) Questions to ask yourself. Who is the person whom Christ promised to send to earth in His place? Who is the person whom He uses to transform human nature? Who is the person who can give you supernatural power to face any crises? And how can you and I know His power in our lives? Join us next time and find out more come and learn and be refilled in the Holy Spirit.
Lesson 1: MAN'S CRY GOD'S GIFT
SMALL GROUP QUESTIONS
1) (Reference page 11): from the beginning Adam and Eve to NOW in your life today is forgiveness and goodness to man by GOD the CURE for man's cry in your mind yes or no and is JESUS the CURE for ALL?
2) (Reference page 12): Do we ever or someone you know keep ALL PROMISES? We have NEVER been given a promise by Jesus that has not been a certainty, how many of you will accept this truth of His Promises?
3) (Reference page 15): Questions to ask yourself. Who is the person whom Christ promised to send to earth in His place? Who is the person whom He uses to transform human nature? Who is the person who can give you supernatural power to face any crises?
4) (Reference page 13): Is the LCP you see in your life NOW truly the ONLY LCP GOD is telling us to work on? Remember LOVE NEVER FAILS when thinking about this LCP question. MATURITY with JESUS our relationship grows, He accepts you with ALL YOUR FUALTS, HE ALREADY KNOWS, please share.